It’s officially time to get into the festive spirit! With Christmas only a few days away, now is the time to head to the kitchen and get creative!
I’ve rounded up some of my FAV macro-friendly yet DELICIOUS festive foods for you to try these holidays!
Makes 12 small cookies
Calories (per serve): 164, P: 7g, F: 12g, C: 7g
• 1 cup smooth peanut butter
• ⅔ cup stevia powder
• 1 large egg
• ¾ scoop OxyWhey Vanilla Ice Cream Protein
• ¼ cup red & green M&Ms
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Add OxyWhey and stevia in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Add peanut butter and egg into the same bowl, and mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
4. Fold through red and green M&Ms.
5. Using your hands, roll each individual cookie into a small ball. Place onto baking sheet and press on the top slightly to flatten.
6. Bake for 12 minutes (cookie should still be slightly soft — it will harden as it cools).
7. Allow to cool on the baking sheet. Transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Serve!
Candy Cane Protein Shake
Calories: 260, P: 26g, F: 7g. C: 22g
• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 scoop Blessed or OxyWhey Protein
• ¼ tsp peppermint extract
• ¼ tsp pink food coloring
• 1 whole mini candy cane
• ¼ cup light whipped cream
1. Place almond milk, OxyWhey or Blessed Protein, and peppermint extract into a blender and blend until smooth. (Optional: add pink food colouring for an insta-worthy vibe).
2. Place candy cane in a zip lock bag. Using a rolling pin, crush the candy cane into small pieces.
3. Pour protein shake into glass. Top with light whipped cream and sprinkle the top with candy cane. Enjoy!
Gingerbread Overnight Oats
Calories: 396, P: 31g, F: 6g, C: 50g
• ½ cup rolled oats
• ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
• ½ scoop Blessed or OxyWhey Protein
• ½ tsp cinnamon powder
• ⅛ tsp ginger powder
• ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
• ⅛ tsp cloves powder
• 2 tsp maple syrup
• 1 whole ginger cookie
1. Mix all ingredients except ginger cookie into a small bowl or mason jar. Ensure to mix well so ingredients are combined.
2. Cover the bowl or jar, and place in the fridge overnight.
3. When ready to eat, take it out of the fridge. Crush a ginger cookie and sprinkle it over the top of the overnight oats to serve. Enjoy!
Note: We recommend OxyWhey Vanilla Ice Cream. If you are plant-based, we recommend Blessed Vanilla Chai.
Eggnog French Toast
Calories: 350, P: 19g, F: 9.5g, C: 46g
• 2 slices wholemeal bread
• 1 whole egg
• ¼ cup store-bought eggnog
• 1 tsp stevia
• ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
• ⅛ tsp nutmeg powder
• ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
• ⅛ cup all-purpose flour
• ½ tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
1. Place all ingredients except bread, into a blender. If you do not have a blender, place all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Blend until a smooth batter consistency has formed. Alternatively, whisk ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
3. Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Lightly spray the pan with cooking spray.
4. Dip each slice of bread into batter. Ensure you generously coat both sides of the bread.
5. Place bread on a frypan and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
6. Place french toast on bread. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve!
There you have it, babes! Give these festive recipes a try over the holidays — I guarantee you’ll LOVE them!
I wish you all a super happy holiday season and hope to see you for the SHRED & SHAPE challenge in the New Year!