You may think Valentine’s Day is the time to show your love for others… but babes, you gotta show some love for yourself, too!
Self-love is the best kind of love, and YOU deserve to celebrate that! It’s time to forget about Valentine Day stereotypes, and start treating yourself like the QUEEN you are!
Here is how you should be celebrating self-love this V Day!
1. Treat Yourself
Been holding off buying that new outfit, getting your nails done, or going out to dinner? NOW is the time to do that! Babes, sometimes a little pampering is all you need to help boost your mood and self-confidence.
Instead of relying on someone else to pamper you, YOU have the power to treat yourself, so you should do it! Be sure to have some fun ways you want to pamper yourself in mind for when V Day rolls around!
2. Cook up your fave meal
If cooking is your thang, girl, hit up the kitchen! Is there a recipe you’ve been meaning to try? Or a fun dish you want to attempt making? Give yourself the chance to get creative in the kitchen and cook up a meal that feeds your soul.
Need a suggestion?
This Tomato & Bocconcini Pizza is to add a little extra love to your V day 😍
Calories: 396, P: 18g, F: 17g, C:51g
• 1 wholemeal wrap
• 2 tbsp pizza sauce
• 1.5 oz bocconcini cheese
• ½ cup cherry tomatoes
• 1 cup arugula
• ⅛ whole red onion
1. Preheat oven to 200C (390F) and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Thinly slice onion and cut cherry tomatoes in half.
3. Spread pizza sauce onto wrap. Add cherry tomatoes, red onion and bocconcini onto wrap.
4. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
5. Remove from oven and top with arugula. Serve!
3. Move your body
Exercise is actually one of the best ways to show yourself some love. Moving your body not only benefits you physically, but also mentally! Moving your body in a way YOU enjoy, will enhance your mood and get those feel-good endorphins pumping!
Whether it's strength-training, cardio, yoga, or simply just a walk — do whatever makes your body and mind feel GOOD!
If you need a little inspo with your workouts, be sure to check out our LSF programs!
4. Have an at-home spa day with yourself
Who doesn’t feel amazing after a spa? Having your own at-home spa experience may be all you need for total rejuvenation. Creating your own luxury spa night gives you a chance to unwind and calm your mind, for a totally unforgettable evening!
So how can you have a spa date at home? Give these suggestions a try!
• Have a bubble bath with epsom salts. Don’t have a bathtub? Give yourself a foot spa by filling up warm water into a foot bucket.
• Give yourself a manicure and paint your nails.
• Do a DIY face mask.
• Give yourself a scalp massage followed by a hydrating hair mask.
• Exfoliate and moisturize your body.
• Have this experience with a scented candle lit, and relaxing music playing!
Babes, I really hope you all take the time on V Day to CELEBRATE the incredible person you are. You DESERVE to feel so much love, so don’t be afraid to show yourself some!
I love seeing how much the #LSFbabes in our community lift each other up. You are all so inspiring, so be sure to connect with each other on our exclusive FB groups, if you’re already part of the LSF community!
Not an #LSFbabe yet? Join our incredible community today!